1. Please register at mtfest.com. Please be accurate in timing the performance as it affects the length of the recitals.
2. Pay fee online through mtfest.com. Click on Billing, then click on the $ next to the event. Pay with Visa or Mastercard. After payment is made, you may print a copy of the invoice for your records. You do not need to mail anything to the Chair.
Time Limits and other guidelines
- No more than 20 minutes of playing time from any given studio will be given per recital, and not more than 75 minutes of performance time from any given studio will be scheduled for the entire day of recitals. Programs are prepared by the chair with consideration given ages, levels and repertoire and participating studios. Therefore, students from one studio will likely be spread among the various recital hours.
- Time Limits: 12 and under-6 minutes. 13 and older-8 minutes.
- Recitals are scheduled in the afternoon at 2:00 p.m., 2:45 p.m., and 3:45 p.m.. Each recital lasts approximately one hour. Additional recitals will be added as needed. The chairman will notify teachers of their student’s performance time. Please do not request a certain time.
- Identify siblings to the chair prior to the registration deadline so they can be assigned to the same recital hour. Notification of siblings after the deadline will not be honored.
There are no repertoire requirements. Only piano soloists are required to play from memory.
Open to students, instrumental or vocal, at all levels of advancement who are seeking performance beyond the studio setting. These recitals are noncompetitive and have no requirement as to length of study. Students must be taught lessons in person in Northern Virginia.
Teachers who enroll students in the general recitals may be asked to monitor at a recital. Teachers must agree to abide by the Teacher Responsibilities.
At the chairman’s discretion, if fewer than six students register to play, the recital may be cancelled. If so, teachers’ fees will be refunded.
All communications for General Recitals should be sent to the Chairman, Nancy Breth.
Students should arrive 15 minutes before starting time of the recital and remain for the entire recital.
Chairs: Nancy Breth and Cara Transtrom