Details BELOW on the logistics for this event in 2021. The registration deadline is extended to January 21, 2021.
1. Please register at new.mtfest.com
2. Pay fee online through new.mtfest.com. Click on Billing, then click on the $ next to the event. Pay with Visa or MasterCard. After payment is made, you may print a copy of the invoice for your records. You do not need to mail anything to the Chair. No late applications will be accepted. All fees are non-refundable.
Due to the number of exams being given, we ask that your students save the whole day and understand that we cannot honor time requests.
Teachers are required to work 1 hour plus one hour for every four students entered. Teachers entering fewer than four students are expected to work 2 hours. No partial hours. These assignments are based on the number of students enrolled, regardless of subsequent student withdrawals.
Teachers must agree to abide by the Teacher Responsibilities.
To access the VMTA theory tests, teachers should go to http://www.virginiamta.org/, click the “member area” button, find your name in the drop down box, click the name, and type in your password. If you need help with the password, e-mail John Winsor or call 757.424.4277.
2021 Testing Details
1. Students will be assigned times and virtual ”rooms” –one level for each ”room”.
2. There will be a teacher/monitor who will be in charge of a level very much like the usual manner, but it will be a room on Zoom. Teachers who monitor who do NOT have the Zoom upgrade can upgrade for one month and then submit the electronic receipt to VMTA for reimbursement.
3. Tests will be hard-copy as usual; each teacher will be given the test file and will share it on Zoom with the students via chat at the start of the test. We will be adding extra time for each exam simply to give students the time to print out the test before taking it.
4. Students will take the test as usual. Listening will be done by the teacher in charge of the level they are monitoring; those files will be emailed to them.
5. Students will complete the test as usual, then scan it and email it to their teacher. Each teacher will then be given a link to Google Drive with folders organized by room/level to drop their tests.
6. Teachers will be assigned grading based on the number of students they submit. They will grade as usual; however, we will NOT be doing a second grading for online. Teachers already look over their tests anyway when they get them back, so teachers will effectively be second graders here. We will record the scores after the first grading; The chairman (Narciso Solero) will handle any discrepancies. Teachers who can mark up PDFs digitally won’t need to print the completed tests again but can simply grade them digitally and leave them in the folders. Or, teachers can print the completed tests for grading if needed.