Hello Students, Parents, and Teachers! Welcome to the blog for the Northern Virginia Music Teachers Association.
Through this blog, we hope to accomplish several things:
- To highlight and document the amazing programs we offer for both students and teachers throughout the year
- To keep students, parents, and teachers informed about upcoming events
- To highlight achievements of our students and teachers
- To provide insight for fellow teachers on a wide variety of teaching topics
- To provide articles of interest to the greater Northern Virginia music community.
We hope the open format will help showcase the incredible benefits to being a member of NVMTA, and of being a student of an NVMTA member’s studio.
If you are a student looking for a private music teacher in Northern Virginia, you can use our Find a Teacher search feature located on the home page.
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS:
At this time, we are accepting submissions for blog entries from member teachers. Submissions can range from opinion pieces about particular pedagogical or studio business-related issues, a review or promotion of a new teaching resource, an article about a particular composer or historical/musicological topic, or any other topic you think may be of interest. Submit articles or proposals to Tasha Locke.
Chairs of events, please complete this form after the conclusion of your event. This form will help us draft a blog post recapping your event and provide important information for our historian.